SAP L1 Support for Two-Wheeler Manufacturing Global Giant
The Bajaj Auto is ranked as the world's fourth largest three and two-wheeler manufacturer. The Bajaj brand is well-known across several countries in Latin America, Africa, Middle East, South and South East Asia.
1. Core Team Members and Business functions were involved in resolving Level 1 activities of Business functions which in turn otherwise might have been utilized in other value-added activities resulting their subject matter expertise to promote Business progression.
2. Repetitive nature of queries was registered by end users due to unawareness of various portals and workflow
3. There was no support system and issue fixing mechanism for second and third shifts of operations and hence it affected the production outcome itself in case of major issue.
4. Go-to person of dedicated number was not available inside the Bajaj Work Environment
5. There was increase of number of L1 issues over the years which ideally should have been reduced due to familiarity with portals
1. BAL required SAP L1 support in cost- effective manner and Ideas to Impact’s Small-Town Model was perfectly fit for the same. We developed unique L1 Support service model as depicted in following illustration to meet customer’s needs.
2. Developed Template driven, and SOP based procedures and prepared central depository for all the end users to access the same. Along with this approach we also arranged regular training sessions for the end users.
3. We managed to expand the service window to 12 hours operations from 9 hours with same mix of team members
4. We marketed availability of support desk within the Bajaj environment to increase the participation in support and training session activities
5. We strategically took initiatives to identify automation efforts of workflows and workarounds which caused decrease in number of L1 issues registered for the customer.
SAP ACTIVITIES SUPPORT
1. Different SAP modules such as – MM, SD, and Customer’s customized modules
2. Solman incident status report and
3. daily tracker updates for TR movement individual model wise.
4. Report circulation,
5. Interface monitor and reconciliation of Data,
6. Monitoring of daily Jobs and dumps in PRD server.
• Executed the Project at offshore model
• Adding new Customer with less efforts by developing EDI Templates
• Interface monitor and reconciliation of Data
• Resolution, Response of all incidences within limit of defined SLA’s.
• Template based approach followed in developing EDI for SO, SO Confirmation,
• Delivery and Invoicing enabling to add new customers with minimal effort.
• Exercised Control in SAP System to ensure Invoice is not created for Manual Creation of Sale Order.